Vortex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vortex LS

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Poll
What do you think is the most important goal of the linkshell?
Recruiting more members
About me nowadays I_vote_lcap50%About me nowadays I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 3 ]
Solid dates for missions events
About me nowadays I_vote_lcap17%About me nowadays I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Plan more things as a linkshell
About me nowadays I_vote_lcap33%About me nowadays I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Help each other more
About me nowadays I_vote_lcap0%About me nowadays I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

About me nowadays

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kasia/Galadan
Vortex General

About me nowadays Empty
PostSubject: About me nowadays   About me nowadays I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 1:11 pm

Hey guys !

I know I've not been around a lot these days. Lots of things happened and I think I should talk about it.

The fact is, I am getting mostly tired about FF and MMORPGs in general. Except for Homam, most gears seems out of my hands' reach. I don't feel as much fun as I used too and it affects my wish to play.

Around 4 weeks ago, I started to play WoW back, since It was actually a while since I played that and wanted something to fit my 2-3 hours playing time during the evening.

But now I always have the small spark that makes me play FF once in a while. Sometimes I just wish to start leveling a mule and redo everything again, just to makes me remember how everything was so fun when you needed to do quests to go forward in-game (Kazham keys, LBs, etc...)

That's why I will be a lot on Galadan. I always say that Kasia is a broken character : too much things started, too much things not finished. I'd really want to make a new character that will be not that borken and such.

I think if SE was making a new server and you couldn't transfer 75s on it, I would start back again and re-do all those crazy-long quests just to get the feeling again.

Anyway, seek me out, will try to be present more often !

Seee ya !

P.S. I don't want to promote anything out of FF, but if you ever play WoW, I am on the Lothar realm, name Whitedawn (Horde)
Back to top Go down
Lizzie
Vortex Megaboss
Lizzie

About me nowadays Empty
PostSubject: Re: About me nowadays   About me nowadays I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 9:46 pm

Hello Kasia!

First of all let me say, thank-you for updating us and letting us know where you stand.

Second, even though I am a big time FF fan I can see where you're coming from. I have 2 roommates that play WoW constantly and I can say I would never leave FFXI for WoW. That doesn't mean I don't share the same frustrations with you about FFXI.

I hate how nearly all missions (except cs and quests without fights) are not possible to solo. You have to rely too much on others and most people aren't willing to help. I like how they added FoV but you are only allowed 1 training thing per game day. It also can only go up to level 63. Heaven forbid you level a job that parties don't want. You either have to constantly form your own parties or just plan on being solo. I have been stuck at 65 on BLU for a long time. Mainly because I can't get a party and because I can't get enough people to help me get the tougher spells.

Things in the game do seem unattainable. Do you know how many years I have been waiting to get my black belt items? Once again you have to rely on others and others don't want to just help unless they are getting something out of it too. Relic and Upgraded mystic weapons... haha... riiiiight.

Anyway, even though there are so many annoying things about it... I still find myself wanting to play. Sometimes I just log in and sit there cause I don't know what to do. Should I work on crafting? level? farm? I don't know.

I could ramble on forever. lol. Thanks again for the update Kasia. I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
https://vortex.forumotion.net
Kasia/Galadan
Vortex General

About me nowadays Empty
PostSubject: Re: About me nowadays   About me nowadays I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 10:43 pm

Lizzie wrote:
Hello Kasia!

First of all let me say, thank-you for updating us and letting us know where you stand.

It was actually hard to see where I could stand myself for a while

Lizzie wrote:
Second, even though I am a big time FF fan I can see where you're coming from. I have 2 roommates that play WoW constantly and I can say I would never leave FFXI for WoW. That doesn't mean I don't share the same frustrations with you about FFXI.
As much as people see this as a bad thing, the "instant gratification" feeling you get in WoW makes a fresh change of FF....
I hate the cartoonish characters, the fact that nobody revisit the old dungeons and raids, the fact that there are mostly impolite people, childish, etc.
But the fact is...Being a noob and a soloist in WoW is less work than working months on stuff....It's just a quiet pace of changes sometimes

Lizzie wrote:
I hate how nearly all missions (except cs and quests without fights) are not possible to solo. You have to rely too much on others and most people aren't willing to help. I like how they added FoV but you are only allowed 1 training thing per game day. It also can only go up to level 63. Heaven forbid you level a job that parties don't want. You either have to constantly form your own parties or just plan on being solo. I have been stuck at 65 on BLU for a long time. Mainly because I can't get a party and because I can't get enough people to help me get the tougher spells.

/BST could help you on that, but, sadly, you need to bring BST to at least 65 to be able to work with it. When I lvled SCH this fall, that was the first time in 3 years that I had parties. I didn't even knew DRG needed to be /mage in merits.....

Lizzie wrote:
Things in the game do seem unattainable. Do you know how many years I have been waiting to get my black belt items? Once again you have to rely on others and others don't want to just help unless they are getting something out of it too. Relic and Upgraded mystic weapons... haha... riiiiight.

I know Black Belt is the best awesome piece of gear a MNK can get and how you need dedicated people. As for mythics and Relic well....: It's a tough subject to speak about.

My Limbus leader, Logulugu, a sweet and fun guy, got Mandau this fall. That guy isn't a "endgame" leader and got it from his own work. Endgame LS are sometimes sponsoring a LS member to get their Relic for LS event purpose (that's one of the main reasons Aegis' are #1 Relic....it makes tanking everything possible). There's always LS sponsoring like HfA, but I never felt like I could raise my hand and say "It's my turn", because It was mostly for self gain and because I didn't felt being in the group of people they were.

Mythic weapon...it's atteinable...but you need a LS dedicated to ToAU (you need the 50 Assault done twice, all the ToAU Beastman dead, Odin dead, 20.000 Alexandrites)

Lizzie wrote:
Anyway, even though there are so many annoying things about it... I still find myself wanting to play. Sometimes I just log in and sit there cause I don't know what to do. Should I work on crafting? level? farm? I don't know.

One day I did that for a couple hours...juggling from job to jobs, thinking about farming, and realising meaby it was more a chore than gaming.

To mostly enjoy the game when at endgame, I think you better be with a bunch of people (10-20 persons) and do everything together for common gain. It is mostly the reason I do Limbus (You always get something at the end (not like Dynamis)). I am also "helping" LotB get their old momentum back by helping them in Sky, because I feel it has a goal and an achievemnt better than being only one piece of an alliance that don't need you at all.

One thing you could ever do is get 10-20 people and start back at lvl 1 with nothing and just enjoy back the game together...It is a dream, but kinda hard getting people to do LBs again !

Lizzie wrote:
I could ramble on forever. lol. Thanks again for the update Kasia. I appreciate it.

I am always rambling... Laughing cheers
Back to top Go down
Lizzie
Vortex Megaboss
Lizzie

About me nowadays Empty
PostSubject: Re: About me nowadays   About me nowadays I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 5:47 am

Oh man, it would be so great to get 10-20 good people together and form strong relationships and just get things done and do everything together. Help each other out, level, etc.

/sigh It has always been a dream of mine but one I couldn't seem to make come true. After years of playing you'd think I'd have at least 10-20 close friends... but I don't. LOL.
Back to top Go down
Kasia/Galadan
Vortex General

About me nowadays Empty
PostSubject: Re: About me nowadays   About me nowadays I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 12:12 pm

I had a couple of friends when ToAU came out, but when we reached endgame, we all splitted. 2 doesn't play anymore, 1 play one time every month (Dagyo), and one is an endgame Leader (Rhukha). The others, I just lost track of.
Back to top Go down
Abilasha
Vortex General
Abilasha

About me nowadays Empty
PostSubject: Re: About me nowadays   About me nowadays I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 12:52 pm

Hiya Kasia...
I hear of many people playing WoW. I never have, and really have no desire to. I would love to get Homan gear myself...but first it will be DRG relic...that gear looks sweet. :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ambereluv
Kasia/Galadan
Vortex General

About me nowadays Empty
PostSubject: Re: About me nowadays   About me nowadays I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 8:10 pm

Abilasha wrote:
Hiya Kasia...
I hear of many people playing WoW. I never have, and really have no desire to. I would love to get Homan gear myself...but first it will be DRG relic...that gear looks sweet. :-)

I still miss some pieces from Dynamis (mainly the 2 Northlands one). But some of the awesome DRG gear are taken from Limbus (Homam set, DRG AF+1 Hands et Body)
Back to top Go down
Lizzie
Vortex Megaboss
Lizzie

About me nowadays Empty
PostSubject: Re: About me nowadays   About me nowadays I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 9:06 pm

I'm with you Abi I definitely want Homan gear for my BLU and when I level DRG. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

About me nowadays Empty
PostSubject: Re: About me nowadays   About me nowadays I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

About me nowadays
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vortex :: General Discussion-
Jump to: